Welcome!

Welcome to the blog for my classes! I hope you find this blog informative and helpful in keeping you up to date with all the happenings in our classes.Questions? email me at mscoopermcmath@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Post technology reflections

WOW! What a week of i-exploring we've had! How has this learning experience been for you? In what ways has technology helped you explore some of our essential questions in socials studies? What frustrations have you encountered along the way? How did what you experience match (or not) with what you had anticipated about using technology in our class? Please complete a second PMI reflection about your experience and post it as a comment on our blog.

Here are some other general comments you made about the Positives, Minuses, and Interestings

P - interactive, easy to use search system to find apps,I thought it was a great way of learning. It was really fun and a great experience. I think we could use these in other classes as well,a great way of accumulating knowledge and displaying it as well, using the iPad for class experience was really putting it to the test to how an iPad used for recreational purposes most of the time can be used for education through apps, saves a lot of time, doesn't take long to operate, you could be very creative on the iPad, easy to share info with other classmates and see what others came up with for their presentations, I can create anything I desire,

M - the apps aren't very specific to certain Socials topics, no Flash, it freezes a lot when
Everyone is trying to email/blog at the same time, you can not save some things on the iPad and some apps you can not email, sometimes it can be hard to transfer something from one place to another, frustrating when all the work gets deleted, limited as to what apps you can use, not all apps let you save work and some work doesn't actually get saved or could be deleted by other people if not careful, not worth the money-just use lap tops (gets work done faster and better), can't refund bad apps, quite fragile, limited time to use them, takes time and effort to learn how to use all the functions,

I - easier and a different way to learn instead of using worksheets, taking notes, etc,
Different types of apps, Google earth!, animation apps, the school isn't ready for new technology, they are most useful for research, getting textbooks on the iPads, I like the independence, you can do almost anything on the iPad, there were so many ways to visualize the project such as making a mind map, making a quiz, or making an animation,

27 comments:

  1. Positive: It was fun being able to use apps to learn about John A. MacDonald. It was a new and exciting way of learning.
    Minus: I don' t think that this necessarily benefited my learning. It was definitely more fun, but I don't think that I learned anything extra.
    Interesting: I thought it was neat that we had access to the Internet and apps to help understand and learn about John A.

    K.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P- a fun new way to learn about a topic for socials than pen and paper

    M- can be distracting

    I- many educational apps to use

    T.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. P:it helped me or us at better studying and researching at certain informations , I really enjoy the way of studying like this.

    M:auto-correct is annoying.

    I:it's a new way of studying and I found it fun and interesting, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P- more fun than the textbook
    M- more distracting
    I- easy to use
    -MK

    ReplyDelete
  5. P- (positive)- information was easy to find thank to good apps and access to safari. Apps are intellectual and easy to use.

    M- (minus)- keyboard is hard to type on.

    I- (interesting)- found information about John A MacDonald that wouldn't have been in the textbook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P: I found the iPads really easy and fun to use

    M: The only thing I don't like about the iPads is that they can be distracting when you are trying to get work done

    I: It's great to know that there are so many cool apps available for socials

    T.F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P-fast connection , easy to read , you can zoom .
    M-wouldn't let me keep the page straight only went side ways for one site . Wouldn't let me turn off the sound on an app .
    I-it's just like a apple laptop but smaller and cooler .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Positive: easy to use and get used to
    Interesting: lots of apps and functions as well as quick access to the Internet from anywhere
    Negative: spellcheck can be annoying
    And it freezes while typing a LOT

    ReplyDelete
  9. P - fun and versatile. Love the apps
    M - distracting apps are distracting because they distract you. Distracting.
    I - different apps have different things to do and I like playing with all of them (y)

    G. F.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P: The apps are great, and there are great varieties of things to do. I have learned a lot from this hands on experience, and am excited to continue.
    M: The I pads are slightly distracting when it comes down to it. We have so many things to do, that it may be hard to get our work done.
    I: All of the different apps have different things to do, so no matter your learning style, there's something for you.
    O.R.

    ReplyDelete
  11. p: It was well organized and easy to control, edit, and erase your work.

    m: I think students learn more from reading in textbooks and physically writing down notes and doing worksheets, well that's how I learn better at least.

    I: It was cool to visually make projects using the aps.

    lh

    ReplyDelete
  12. P-easy to use and very useful to find information
    M-a little distracting
    I- fun apps
    C.L

    ReplyDelete
  13. Positive- The ability to go on the Internet helps when working on assignments.
    -Being able to use apps for assignments is new and interesting.
    -Great Internet speed.

    Negative- Typing is more of a hassle without arrow keys.

    Interesting- Being able to use technology in class.
    T.T

    ReplyDelete
  14. Positive- I found these iPads great! They have very useful apps and tools for almost anything. I think having on of these would provide extra help for almost any topic needed.

    Minus- honestly I didn't really find a minus. I found them great, and helpful.

    Interesting- really cool and great interesting apps to try out .

    K.T.

    ReplyDelete
  15. P: getting information quick and easy
    M: the apps weren't as useful as I tough they would be
    I:there's an app for anything you want

    MR

    ReplyDelete
  16. P-a positive experience of this activity was that the. IPads assisted in the productivity of our project very much and also gave many useful tools in creating our presentation.Overall, the experience given by using the iPads was quite well.
    M-a negative experience is the inevitable bugs that are often in every apple iOS which can be quite annoying at sometimes , especially when you are trying to navigate through apps or saving the projects we did. A better alternative would be android systems for the available word processing applicationsq such as Microsoft word
    I-an interesting factor of using these would be that it was really fun and also a refreshing change of pace when using these instead of notes.

    J.W

    ReplyDelete
  17. P: Using the iPad gave us opportunity to explore new ideas about our topics in the Internet...
    Apps are amazing, they have a lot do informations and they also makes your work easier

    M: what's wrong about having iPads in the class's that there will be a possibility of students playing around and doing what they aren't supposed to be doing.

    I: it was really fast and work efficient
    A lot of fun apps but also educational.

    ReplyDelete
  18. P-(positive)-I think the iPads were great because when we needed information it was very easy to get because of safari. They are also very good because they can fit many different learning styles.
    M-(minus)-The iPads are great fun, but that means that they are also distracting sometimes. The keyboard can also be very difficult to type on.
    I-(interesting)- There are many different types of apps, therefore many different strategies can be learnt through them
    J.R

    ReplyDelete
  19. P: Lots of neat apps with good interfaces for learning and creativity, easy to express self with apps when doing projects. Quick and easy access to Internet.
    M: Keyboard freezes up randomly when trying to post comments on teacher's blogspot.
    I: I don't get to use iPads that often, and incorperating them into school learning makes things more interesting. RM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Positive: easy to collect data and fun to use.

    Minus: Not too many apps that concern your learning outcome.

    Interesting: I thought it was a nice change to use iPads instead of the regular pen and paper.

    intitials: Jn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Positive- I find that the iPads have interesting apps about Canadian history. I also think its usefull to have the Internet to look things up.

    Minus- the iPads are difficult to us because the freeze a a lot and have many glitches.

    Interesting- I think it was an interesting idea to bring iPads in to the classroom to test them, but overall I didnt enjoy them.

    T.S

    ReplyDelete
  22. Positive: lots of information available

    Minus: deletes your writing

    Interesting: touch screen

    CM

    ReplyDelete
  23. P- information was easy to find thanks to access to safari. Apps are intellectual and easy to use.

    M- keyboard is hard to type on.

    I- found information about John A MacDonald that I couldn't have found in the textbook

    - I.G

    ReplyDelete
  24. Positive - It was good and easy to use and fun and educational.
    Minus - fragile and you could get easily distracted
    Interesting - more educational apps than I had thought
    Ipad26

    ReplyDelete
  25. P- fun to use , there are many good programs for many different topics
    M-some of the apps were a little confusing to use because the instructions weren't very clear
    I-you can get your answers to questions in no time by researching

    ReplyDelete
  26. P- Lots of easy to easy to get information that was extremely useful in creating our presentation. Apps are useful for study.
    M- Easy to get distracted by apps or things within the apps. Some of the apps do not have the option to email your work.
    I-Dragon dictation was very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  27. P- Easier to find information,
    M-we were limited to the amount of work we could do on the iPads because of the current applications on it.
    I- John a macdonald - ja macdDd
    Pad 9

    ReplyDelete