Welcome!

Welcome to the blog for my classes! I hope you find this blog informative and helpful in keeping you up to date with all the happenings in our classes.Questions? email me at mscoopermcmath@gmail.com

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tackling technology

Here we go . . .our journey into technology will begin shortly! It is a very exciting, and somewhat scary, adventure. Sometimes . . . I get a good feeling!


Here is what some of you think about using technology and how it may help you in class . . . we'll see.

research done immediately, in class
easier to research multiple things at a way faster speed
learning how to find and assess good resources on the internet
view any notes or information found in class, at home
apps to make things interesting
we can visualize certain events and watch short clips
more hands on learning
it can help me learn in different ways; visual and interactive learning styles
I can get a definite answer to my questions
it can help me verify anything I am not clear about (although the teacher can as well :))
notes will take less space and be less messy: be faster and more organized
find cool websites or apps
getting different types of media (music, videos, pictures, etc)
it is easier to learn when  you're having fun and technology is more fun than a textbook
playing games makes you want to know the answers
learn things faster
greater depth of understanding
access to more, specific information

3 comments:

  1. iPad #6
    P: easy to use.
    M: expensive.
    I: apps, ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7 P-internet worked well for once
    M-nothing really
    I-Nothing especially interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9
    P- The class will have more information because students have more resources. And its fun and keeps the class entertaining.
    M- If the Internets not working we can't do much. And the screen was really dirty.
    I- All the apps they have for learning

    ReplyDelete